Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Flicker


I am practicing with a new equipment right now.  The hubz got me a new [and improved] external flash to replace the one I broke.  I broke the flash on a Monday and he got me a new one before the end of that same week.  Good husband!  Lucky me!

This is not to say that it didn't surprise me at all!  We both knew it wasn't critical to have a new flash right away and I thought this would have to go through his usual 'several-months-long' research before it gets bought.  I guess not.  I guess he had already done his research a while back--who knows?  Also, we were going to first get either a replacement battery cover (which I also broke) or a battery grip, which obviously were more critical to keep the camera functional.  He also got both, by the way.

Yes, that's how supportive he is of my non-earning hobby!  I guess I should start earning from it so we'll have money to pay for the gear and also get something out of it other than the never-ending supply of Lucas' photos.

Speaking of earning, a friend of my friend Eva wants me to take photos of her too--the same way I took these and these photos.  She asked my friend to ask me if I would take $200 for even three photos.  I told my friend that "because she was a referral, I would take $200 for ten edited photos".  In my mind though, I was like screaming, "Dude!  I would TOTALLY do it!  Are you kidding me?!?!". :-)

The $200 would not pay for the flash, but I really hope it happens.  I've already said yes--it's just a matter of setting the date.

In the meantime, I'll continue playing around and practicing with the new flash--which I really, really love!  With my old flash, I found it hard to get rid of shadows on portrait orientation shots, irregardless of how I positioned the flash.  I think I may have found the solution and with the new flash, the results are so much better!  See [unedited] photos above--no trace of shadows!

The hubz asked me to also read the manual because he said there's a lot of good information in it.  I think I should, and I will--eventually.

7 comments:

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography September 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

oh my, i'll go with $200 liz...

Keep practicing pa uyy, tingali more than $200 pa ato-ang kita on =)

*** i know what that shadow thing you're talking about liz. i myself is waiting for my slave flash too, i have a little project i am working on as well *wink*.

konsuy September 21, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

that is a good start liz. you should go professional. dugay na ko ingon nimo. anything creative nga venture, kung pwede gani mag tukod na pud ka restaurant. your talents can definitely make you rich. aw, rich naman ka daan. samot pa gyud ka rich. =)

JoPiE September 21, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

haay, cuz, wa pa gyud ko nagkat-on gamit ug flash. i know i should! hehe.

kudos to charles! such a good hubby, indeed!

and $200 for ten edited photos???? GO GO GO!!!

Liza September 22, 2010 at 1:15 AM  

Cindy September 21, 2010 9:01 AM

*** i know what that shadow thing you're talking about liz. i myself is waiting for my slave flash too, i have a little project i am working on as well *wink*.


Hi Cinds! Sounds like an interesting project. I can't wait to see some of them. Share unya ha? :-)

Liza September 22, 2010 at 1:20 AM  

konsuy said...
that is a good start liz. you should go professional. dugay na ko ingon nimo. anything creative nga venture, kung pwede gani mag tukod na pud ka restaurant. your talents can definitely make you rich. aw, rich naman ka daan. samot pa gyud ka rich. =)


Chi, thanks for the vote of confidence! Di intawn ko rich uy! If I were rich, wala na unta ko nagpaka-buktot ug trabaho, leaving Lucas in the care of somebody else. If I were rich, I would take care of him myself and maybe just work part-time or get a less demanding job. Haaayy, kanus-a pa kaha na!

Liza September 22, 2010 at 1:24 AM  

JoPiE said...
haay, cuz, wa pa gyud ko nagkat-on gamit ug flash. i know i should! hehe.


Sige lang. You shoot mostly during the day man, di ba? So most of the time you won't need it. Ako, I shoot mostly at night kay that's the only time I can do it, other than weekends. But you should definitely learn to use it if you have it.

Anonymous December 5, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP