Sunday, September 19, 2010

Healthy and Delicious



The one thing I like about weekends is that it gives me plenty of time to prepare a meal.  I've always loved cooking and I cook almost everyday, but majority of the time work allows me to be home no earlier than 6:30 in the evening, so I often end up making quick meals.

Tonight I made Miso-glazed Chilean Sea Bass, and I served it in a bed of steamed green vegetables with garlic sauce.  I always try to have vegetables in every meal.  This meal was so good!  I ate it with some brown rice too.


I first has this dish at the Tao Restaurant in Las Vegas.  This was one of the chef's specialties.  It was heavenly!  The sweetness and saltiness of this dish is well-balanced and the fish almost melts in your mouth.  Two weeks later, I was in Las Vegas again.  I went to the Tao and ordered the same thing.  I couldn't get enough of it.  

When I got home from the trip, I googled the recipe.  There were so many of them but I did find the one from the Tao's executive chef!  I tried it for the first time last weekend at my sister's.  It was ok, but it wasn't as good as what I had at the restaurant.  The fish was too moist and just a little bit saltier than it should be.  

Hmmm... I guess chefs don't really reveal everything, especially when it comes to signature/specialty dishes.

But I was determined to try it again and perfect it.  So today, I made the dish again playing around with the portions and measurements of the exact same ingredients.  I also increased the oven temperature and cooking time a bit.  What came out was a perfectly cooked Chilean Sea Bass--brown and perfectly caramelized on the outside, and soft and flaky on the inside.  

It tasted just as good as the Tao's, with a perfectly balanced sweetness and saltiness to it.  This, I think, is my new favorite!


My hungry guests -- they were playing and laughing while I was serving dinner.  I cook because of them.  Although I love cooking, I still would not cook this much if only for myself.  I knew the little man would love the meal because he likes fish a lot.  And he did!  He kept saying, "Mmmm.... Mmmm...".

Charles loves it too, because it's healthy and delicious.  He likes delicious, but if it's not healthy, then it doesn't really impress him as much.  This one he refers to as "unlike your crab dish...".  :-)


And these are their portions!  Nah, Lucas ate half of mine.

7 comments:

Mommy Blogs September 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

lamia tan-awon uy! your boys are so lucky to have you! i don't have the bone to cook now... i wonder when i will ever get that back.

JoPiE September 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

as always, cuz, pictures pa lang, LAAAAAMIIIIIIIIII!

hi to charles and kusi to lucas for me! :-)

Liza September 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Mommy Blogs said...
lamia tan-awon uy! your boys are so lucky to have you! i don't have the bone to cook now... i wonder when i will ever get that back.


Tiris, ana man gyud ang preggers. There are things that you don't like to do that you used to like doing. It's the hormones. One of these days matingala nalang ka kay mura'g lami gyud kaayo iluto!

Liza September 19, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

JoPiE said...
as always, cuz, pictures pa lang, LAAAAAMIIIIIIIIII!

hi to charles and kusi to lucas for me! :-)


Salamat, cuz! Hi to you too, and Ben and little Ben! Kumusta na man mo uy?!

konsuy September 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

hastang lami-a ani tan-awon oi. akong ingnon akong cook pud. hehehe.

Liza September 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

konsuy said...
hastang lami-a ani tan-awon oi. akong ingnon akong cook


Hahaha! Kinsa man na, Chi? Si Insoy or si Roland? Or both?

konsuy September 21, 2010 at 2:22 AM  

si roland liz kay practicing pa man si insoy ug basti.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP