Saturday, January 29, 2011

Big Idea


It takes me an hour each day to drive 25 miles to work--an hour I spend thinking about what my day is going to be like.  Who I'll be meeting. What my priorities are.  Deadlines, deliverables and everything I need to accomplish at the end of the day.  Thinking about my day at the start of each one helps me get organized, focused and quick to respond in the event that things don't turn out the way they should.

On my drive back home, I think about how I'm going to spend the night.  What I will make for dinner. Will I have enough time to take Lucas [and myself] out for a walk (this rarely happened during the winter because it's normally dark by the time I get home).  How Lucas had been--how his day was and what, if anything, did he learn.  What to do after Lucas goes to bed--should I watch TV or one of my Netflix movies?  Should I just surf or blog or read other people's blogs and Facebook posts?  Most of the time, I think about sleeping early yet I always end up staying late.

For the most part, my life is made up of routines.  But lately there is one thing that I changed and that is the way I spend my commute hour to work. Instead of thinking about my work day, I think way far ahead--about my future, about what my life is like ten years from now.  I'd like for it to change a bit. I'd like to be spending more time with my son, yet still have a career.  I'd still like to be traveling a lot.  But maybe to different places every time, instead of going to one, cold and sad little town over and over again.

And if I may be allowed here to be bold and ambitious for a second, I'd like to see me working for myself.  Or working side by side with the hubby, running our own business.  Perhaps growing something that we started ourselves.  It doesn't have to be big, but it's ours. 

So how do I get started?  What's the big idea that can get me there?  One big idea--and that's all it really takes!  Problem is, I don't know what it is.  Hopefully, this one big idea will come to me one of these days.  Who knows?  Perhaps that one commute hour each day I spend ideating--it just might change my life forever!  Who knows...

:-)

Photo:  Lucas' colorful cups. They're so cute and the colors are so much fun, Lucas plays with them.

7 comments:

JoPiE January 29, 2011 at 10:57 PM  

beautiful beautiful photos, CUZ! love this! :D

i've been wracking my brains too, for a kind of business that will help me earn some money. in my case, a very small business, hehe. let's keep thinking! :D

Liza January 29, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

JoPiE said...
beautiful beautiful photos, CUZ! love this! :D

i've been wracking my brains too, for a kind of business that will help me earn some money. in my case, a very small business, hehe. let's keep thinking! :D


Thank you, Cuz! Sige, sige--let's! Gikapoy na ko ug kayod uy for a fixed earning. Maayo unta kanang naa'y profit share. Haayy...what to do???

Mommy Blogs January 30, 2011 at 2:46 AM  

The cups are so cute!

Liz, most of my days are spend imagining a future very far from today LOL! My flightiness has been a constant. I visualize in all details, as if that day would come soon.

I live to imagine =P

As to the routine, I still have to make myself adjust to that. I simply can't be the same daily. I need my wiggle room from time to time.

I hope you can find that big break for you to achieve what you've always wanted! I know you can do it!!! ;-)

Mommy Blogs January 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM  

sorry wa naman ni nagkadimao kadlawn naman gud hahaha! Ngano gamata pa ko? wah!

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography January 30, 2011 at 6:48 AM  

very cute colorful photo liz... (we have the same cups of the girls).

If you can come up with great idea liz, let me know, apil ko... I felt the same way when i was working full time. Now that i am working less, i kinda like the routine, 2 days work a week (i obviously like being a L&D RN)- though it would be nice if profit is better to get it somewhere else, so game ko liz ha kung naa kay mahu-hunaan =)

Liza January 30, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

Mommy Blogs said...
As to the routine, I still have to make myself adjust to that. I simply can't be the same daily. I need my wiggle room from time to time.

I hope you can find that big break for you to achieve what you've always wanted! I know you can do it!!! ;-)


T, I don't really mind the routine. I think we can break the routine by trying to do something different everyday or something fun and exciting at least maybe once a week. What I do mind is working so hard and and not reaping all the benefits. Sometimes that's how I feel about being employed.

Liza January 30, 2011 at 3:39 PM  

Cindy said...
If you can come up with great idea liz, let me know, apil ko... I felt the same way when i was working full time. Now that i am working less, i kinda like the routine, 2 days work a week (i obviously like being a L&D RN)- though it would be nice if profit is better to get it somewhere else, so game ko liz ha kung naa kay mahu-hunaan =)


Cinds, I'll let you know if I come up with something. Hehe, kanus-a pa kaha ni? I can't wait!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP