Thursday, August 25, 2011

Apple's Best


Whatever will happen to Apple now that Steve Jobs has resigned as its CEO?  That's the million-dollar question of the day.

As big Apple fans and fans of Mr. Jobs himself, the husband and I find this news tragic. Charles said this is one resignation that makes him really sad, and I feel exactly the same way.  We couldn't stop talking about it all night, and we discussed it up until our lights were off, and into the wee hours of the morning. And reading his resignation letter, which is now all over the web, really got me weak to the knees.

"I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come." he said.

Something tells me he did not want to leave his post, but something isn't letting him continue.  And it must be his health. It is quite sad, and only proves one thing:  you can have all the powers and the riches in the world, but if you don't have your health, you could lose almost everything.  "Almost" because I know Mr. Jobs will not lose it all. Even when he dies, he will keep a name and leave a legacy that no other CEO has ever left an organization.

He is almost like a church leader that people follow and respect even when he doesn't make any sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that his decision not to support flash animation in his mobile devices is a huge thumbs-down.  But we buy them anyway. Who has that kind of influence? 

He is almost like this magical character that turns everything he touches into gold. His very simplistic approach has amazingly earned his company great success and I wonder if his successors can be that visibly effective.

I hope he is not dying. And I hope that in the absence of a visionary and a great leader, Apple will still continue to make great products because I am, as you can see, a nearly-obsessed fan.

***

Photo:  Lucas picking apples (the fruit) at my sister's

4 comments:

JoPiE August 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

so true, CUZ. Ben and I, even though we don't agree with his views sometimes, we still find ourselves buying his products. we are even thinking of the iPad, but it will be a long and hard decision. in any case, yes, he is indeed some sort of magician, turning everything into gold. he will never be forgotten.

konsuy August 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

i so agree in everything you wrote liz. i hope apple continues to bring in the products that spell love.

Liza August 29, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

JoPiE said...
so true, CUZ. Ben and I, even though we don't agree with his views sometimes, we still find ourselves buying his products. we are even thinking of the iPad, but it will be a long and hard decision. in any case, yes, he is indeed some sort of magician, turning everything into gold. he will never be forgotten.


I think as long as he's around, even if he doesn't serve as CEO anymore, he will continue to influence decisions and strategies at Apple. I just hope he's not dying because he looks really sick. :-(

Liza August 29, 2011 at 4:17 PM  

konsuy said...
i so agree in everything you wrote liz. i hope apple continues to bring in the products that spell love.


I hope so too, Chi! I really do...

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP