Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Little Girl Tati


I have a lot of catching up to do.  There is so much I want to share here but so little time to do it.

But how can I forget about this little girl Tatiana or "Tati" as her mom and dad calls her?  Her lovely eyes and infectious smile still haunts me to this day.  Maybe because they ordered more stuff from me that I keep thinking about this "open project" that I want completed soon.  Or maybe because she is just pure and outright adorable, and her mom Emily is so slim she really inspired me to work harder at losing weight.  And, admittedly, made me quite jealous.


Emily and I have been emailing since October of last year.  That's when she first asked me to take photos of Tati. We only live an hour apart, but for some reasons we couldn't get our schedules to work.  She also asked me to photograph Tati's first birthday back in January, which would have been a good opportunity to meet other moms and potential clients.  But I had to travel that weekend and had to pass up on the opportunity.  Finally, on July 30th, we made it work.


Tati is so fond of his dad.  The way she clings to him makes me believe in what people always say--that little girls tend to be closer to their dad and little boys to their mom.


Emily, Carlos and Tatiana make a good-looking family.


She got along well with Lucas--way too well!


They ordered a book, which is great because I love making books.  This is a hard-bound photo book--a good alternative to flush-mounted albums for a quarter of the price.  The hard cover is printed on metallic paper, which I love because it has a little shimmer on it yet it doesn't show hand prints.


The first spread--one of my favorites.


The pages lay flat when you open them, and it has no gutters in between,


so photos look nice and clean even when spread between two pages.


I prefer to do the layouts myself instead of using pre-made templates provided by the lab.  That way, I get to stick my brand on the back.


My entire set of deliverables--a book and a custom DVD in a custom DVD case.  The custom DVD includes soft copies of the album layout.


I only include a custom DVD case when the client orders a book.  Otherwise, my clients get a custom DVD in a standard slim case.

Emily now wants to order a gallery print. I am excited to know which photo they will pick and how it will turn out.  Clearly, they are pleased with my work and I couldn't be happier.

At her age now, Tatiana is very challenging to photograph. She didn't care about the camera.  She just loves to run around and play. Her curiosity of the things around her was quite fascinating! But I so enjoyed working with her and her family. I truly hope I'll have the opportunity to take her photos again in the future--maybe when she's a little bigger, and more willing to pose for me.

11 comments:

Cindy August 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

wonderful journey you have there liz... getting into the bandwagon, yipeee!!!

i love adorama's photobook by the way =)

Liza August 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

Cindy said...
wonderful journey you have there liz... getting into the bandwagon, yipeee!!!

i love adorama's photobook by the way =)


Cinds, have you finally tried Adorama's books? Nice noh? It's not as nice as the flush-mounted book but it's good enough for day-to-day. Dili sad mabuslot ang bulsa sa imong clients. :-)

kookooforcocopuffs August 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

how wonderful and how exciting;-) i love the book and the CD;-) its so beautiful:-)

great job,LIz;-)

Liza August 23, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

kookooforcocopuffs said...
how wonderful and how exciting;-) i love the book and the CD;-) its so beautiful:-)

great job,LIz;-)


Salamat, Chel! :-)

konsuy August 23, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

i am so inspired. liz, you are amazing. you make things happen top quality. i have always been a fan of your creative talents. best ever.

Liza August 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

konsuy said...
i am so inspired. liz, you are amazing. you make things happen top quality. i have always been a fan of your creative talents. best ever.


Chi, your comment is very encouraging. Thank you! Sometimes I wish I can just do arts and crafts all day--that's really where my heart is. Unfortunately, at this time, it doesn't pay the bills. But I am happy I'm still able to do it on the sides. :-)

JoPiE August 23, 2011 at 11:06 PM  

wow! love your deliverables, cuz! and to think you did the design all by yourself! bilib na gyud ko's talent nimo, cuz! i'm sure your clients will be very happy! :D

Aileen August 24, 2011 at 5:18 AM  

Loving all the portraits! She really is very pretty! And I love your albums and CDs! You are on a happy, creative, amazing roll, Liz! :)

Liza August 25, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

JoPiE said...
wow! love your deliverables, cuz! and to think you did the design all by yourself! bilib na gyud ko's talent nimo, cuz! i'm sure your clients will be very happy! :D


Hi Cuz! Thank you! You are too kind. I enjoy designing and doing the layouts. It's just like scrapbooking (which I love), only without the scissors and the glue. It's so much fun!

Liza August 25, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

Aileen said...
Loving all the portraits! She really is very pretty! And I love your albums and CDs! You are on a happy, creative, amazing roll, Liz! :)


Hello Ai! I hope this continues. I am inspired by people like you who keeps on encouraging me, and by people who pay me to do their photos and are happy with the outcome. Salamat kaayo!

Anonymous September 19, 2023 at 11:58 AM  

https://harangu89e.de/invite/i=149
Good cp
Use username: gmanii
Password: gmanii123

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP