Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sweet Tooth

My homemade Crepe with strawberry, banana and pecan filling

I've never had a sweet tooth.  Dessert isn't my favorite part of a meal and I've always been just happy with coffee and tea, unsweetened.

But lately I have been craving for anything sweet.  I ask myself, "have I over-deprived myself of carbs that my body is missing sugar?"  I'm sure this isn't the case since I haven't changed my diet, and in fact, I have been eating white rice instead of brown for maybe about 2 months now!

I guess it started after my successful attempt at apple strudels.  I had two servings of apple and peach cobbler at a picnic last weekend, with two scoops of ice cream on top of that.  I had two jumbo cupcakes at work. My colleague brought two different kinds and I made the mistake of trying both--they were so good I couldn't stop eating them!

Every night since last weekend, I've had crepe after dinner!  I've always loved crepes and now I make them in my own kitchen--everything from scratch, including of course the pancake/wrapper.  I loved making crepe, flipping it and tossing it in the air.  Oh, that was so much fun!

Today, while driving home from work, all I could think of was chocolate brownies.  Good thing there wasn't a lot of time to even make dinner, so I had to put aside the brownies.  Until next time.

6 comments:

Cindy August 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

yumminess liz... and oh i love crepes myself, pancakes/waffles/crepes --- my girls fave --- sige lang liz, after awhile mawa na ng sweet tooth, at least we don't deprive ourselves from cravings or else we end up eating 2-3x serving size by then --- now that's hard calories to get rid off =)

Liza August 10, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Cindy said...
yumminess liz... and oh i love crepes myself, pancakes/waffles/crepes --- my girls fave --- sige lang liz, after awhile mawa na ng sweet tooth, at least we don't deprive ourselves from cravings or else we end up eating 2-3x serving size by then --- now that's hard calories to get rid off =)


Cinds, I love food too much I can never deprive myself of cravings. I think I can do better at cutting down the portions though, but never deprive. Yeah, I hope the sweet tooth will soon go away. Sweet is bad for me. Diabetes runs in our blood.

photosandmemos August 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

oh Liz, dont get used to it..count yourself lucky that you do not crave for the sweets...you know when i lived in the phils, i never craved for sweet food, i was more of a savoury person, now, because its easier to get a cake or chocolate here, my palate has changed.. dont get yourself used to craving sweets, trust me, its not nice, indulge once in a while but coming from a sweet-dependent, its not healthy,haha;-)

Liza August 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

photosandmemos said...
oh Liz, dont get used to it..count yourself lucky that you do not crave for the sweets...you know when i lived in the phils, i never craved for sweet food, i was more of a savoury person, now, because its easier to get a cake or chocolate here, my palate has changed.. dont get yourself used to craving sweets, trust me, its not nice, indulge once in a while but coming from a sweet-dependent, its not healthy,haha;-)


Chel, thanks for the advice. Hehe. You are so sweet! Mahilig sad ko sa savoury, pero lately ambot ug ngano nga mangita man ko ug tam-is uy! Yeah, kaliwat raba ta ug mga diabetic. Magbantay gyud ko any. :-)

JoPiE August 12, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

hala ka CUZ! nganong sige man ka ug crave? hehehe. ako, what i've been craving for lately are junk food. oh my gosh, Doritos, come to momma! LOL!

my favorite dessert though is very very moist chocolate cake. if i knew where i can get that all the time, patay na gyud ko! my favorite back home was the one from Bigby's.

Liza August 12, 2011 at 8:15 PM  

JoPiE said...
..my favorite dessert though is very very moist chocolate cake. if i knew where i can get that all the time, patay na gyud ko! my favorite back home was the one from Bigby's.


Sige, CUZ, let's make chocolate cake! I LOVE chocolate cake too! I haven't tried Bigby's but Mama's chocolate cake is my favorite so far. Mangayo unya ko niya ug recipe puhon. My craving for sweets is kind of over na, thank God!

Uy, hinay-hinay anang imong junk food! Ang atong goal baya, ayaw kalimti! ;-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP