Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bigger and Shorter

I chose this photo because it showcases both my tummy and my new do.  Pardon the shadows.

BIGGER.  I am getting bigger and bigger each day! In fact, I feel huge and I'm only on my 26th week! I wonder what it will be like 10 weeks from now--I'll be humungous!

SHORTER.  My hair was getting longer and harder to maintain. On busy days when I had to leave home early, I just couldn't find enough time to style my hair. So each time I went to the ladies' room, I saw somebody scary. I felt old and ugly! So today I decided to chop my hair off! The stylist took more than half the length and I thought I was going to feel bad about it. But I actually really like it--I like the feel of it more than the look! My head feels very light, and the hub thinks I look 15 years younger, hehe!

CUSTOM CLOTHING.  I don't like wearing maternity clothes.  I'll be wearing ordinary clothes as long as I possibly can!  I guess I don't have much choice on the pants as ordinary pants no longer fit from the hips up, but I'm still trying to squeeze myself in to my other clothing!

LCPO.  Somebody asked me what LCPO in my copyright marker means. Well, I wanted to use something that I can apply to both Charles' and my photographs. When I decided I was going to use LCPO, what I had in mind was Liza Charles Pestillos Ocat--a combination of our first names and last names. But it can also mean Liza & Charles Philip Ocat--afterall, I'm an Ocat now. 

20 comments:

Shutterfairy February 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

i love the do and i envy the bump. you look fab.
i am so tempted to cut my hair.

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

you look beautiful liz! there's always this certain glow about pregnant that makes them more beautiful. =)

loving the hair! =)

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

*pregnant women. =D

keth February 9, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

loving the hair liz, and remembering the preggy state (but don't want to go there anymore, if i can help it, hehe). i was like you. i didn't like maternity clothes and i tried to fit into my ordinary clothes for as long as i could. my brother who was visiting us then from pinas used to get horrified every time i wore body-hugging clothes. but you look great. pregnancy suits you well.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography February 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

hey liz, you're pregnant and you're not big - you just look appropriate.

nice haircut - blooming mama!!!

any baby registry yet?

Liza February 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Thanks Mai! It's been a while since I had short hair. I used to have my hair really short (boyish cut) back in college. But I grew it back when I moved here kay mahal kaayo hair cut diri, hehe!

Liza February 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Thank you Ai! You're right--my skin feels different (in a good way) during the pregnancy. I hope it stays! =)

Liza February 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Keth--thank you! So two kids enough for you? Don't you want to have a boy? ;-)

Liza February 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Hi Dee! I really feel big and heavy! No baby registry yet--maybe we'll take care of it in a month or so.

Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

cuz, YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!! love your new 'do!!!! angayan kaayo ka!

you are one beautiful pregnant woman. :-)

Lynette February 9, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Hah!!! You're beautiful! The new cut suits you well. =) Nasuya (I better NOT be!) ko sa bump. *giggle*

keth February 9, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

liz, we're happy with our two girls. but should another baby come along, i'm sure we would be just as happy, but at this stage, if i can only choose, i'll choose to have just the two.

Liza February 10, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Thanks cuz! You're too kind! Muawas gyud ning akong atay, hehe.

Liza February 10, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Thanks Nette! You have an adorable little guy! Ayaw kasuya sa bump 'coz me? I can't wait for this to be over. I can't wait to pop! ;-)

Lynette February 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Hala ka diha! I don't have a little guy. =) Akio is my godson. =) I have an 11 year old daughter. :-D

Liza February 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Oh no! Sorry Nette! I thought Akio is your son! Hehe... he's cute!

konsuy February 10, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

liz, gwapaha nimo sa imong bag-ong hair do oi.
basin masundan na dayon na bataa. hehehe.

Liza February 10, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Nge, buyag Chi! Libog gani mi unsaon ang usa, sundan na hinuon. Ayaw lang pud! hehe.

Unknown February 13, 2009 at 4:57 AM  

OMG! You look lovely, Liz! I'm so happy for you! Cute little bump and fab hair!

Liza February 13, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

Thank you Poy! But I think the bump is not little anymore, hehe =)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP