Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday...

…to my cousin Jopie.


She is one person whose talent and personality I truly admire.
She is smart and pretty, stylish and classy.
She is graceful and refined, yet she isn’t shy to speak her mind.
She can bring life to pretty much anything she photographs,
She awakens the senses of whoever reads what she writes.

She is a dreamer!
She is good at everything she is passionate about.
She is a good singer like her mom,
She cares and worries about her dad more than he knows she does.

She is married to a man who adores her and whom she adores back.
She is a fighter who strongly defied challenges and roadblocks.
She is one true friend who is forgiving for the wrongs that you’ve done.
She is no less than beauty, brains and character all in one!

So dear cousin, I want you to know,
How special you are and how you truly glow.
And on this very special day,
I wish for lovely surprises to come your way.

And may each and every passing year,
Bring you more love, peace and cheer!
May all the dreams you dream come true,
Happy wonderful Birthday to you!!!

Lots of Love,
Liza

11 comments:

Anonymous February 26, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

cuz, you got me teary-eyed with this beautiful birthday poem! THANK YOU. i hardly deserve all the kind words, but THANK YOU. you've been nothing but gracious and lovely and generous to me and ben so THANK YOU for this one other thing that shows just how beautiful a person you are -- that you took the time and effort to write this, despite the 3-hour test you have to undergo tomorrow.

ben says THANK YOU too. :-)

keth February 26, 2009 at 1:43 AM  

liz, this is so beautiful and so apt. you really are related to each other...you both write so well and take amazing photographs that often keep my mouth wide open. i agree, jopie is everything you've written here and more.....and by the way,isn't she lovely? so beautiful, and that photo says it all.

konsuy February 26, 2009 at 2:14 AM  

beautiful as always. the photo and what you have written. you speak your heart and it speaks only of love.

happy birthday to jopie. she is really amazingly talented. wish she knows how talented she is. =)

Shutterfairy February 26, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Yeyyy happy birthday to Jopie. I haven't met her in person though, but lately she has been my constant companion over at Flickr.

Beautiful.

Liza February 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

Happy Birthday Cuz! You deserve all the nicest things that life has to offer! I can only write poems when I am very inspired, so yes--you have inspired me that much!

Stay cool, happy, in love and wonderful! :-)

Liza February 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Thank you Keth! I really like this photo of her. I didn't take this, btw--my wedding photographer did. Indeed, she is beautiful inside and out!

Liza February 26, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

Thank you Chi! Writing for me is often a struggle. I have to be really inspired or excited to be able to write. But writing about Jopie is a breeze because there's just so many good things to say about her.

Liza February 26, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

Mai--salamat! With Jopie, you don't have to meet her to like her and I guess you've figured it out :-)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography February 27, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

beautiful poem there liz --- to a well deserving birthday girl... Happy belated birthday pie!!!

Liza February 27, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Thank you Dee!

Anonymous February 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

THANK YOU, CUZ, KETH, CHI, MAI AND DEE! you make my heart melt! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP