Thursday, February 12, 2009

To My Everyday Valentine


Love is when you chose me over somebody more familiar, somebody perhaps more secure.
Love is when you endured criticisms and rage from people you care about for making such choice.
Love is when you left behind the comforts of home to be with me in a strange, foreign land where you pretty much have to do everything on your own.
Love is when you work tirelessly to provide the kind of life that I want to live.
Love is when you always wear for me a big smile and open arms despite rough times at work.
Love is when you embraced the ugly fraction of my being and made me feel more secure and confident about myself.
Love is when you adopted my faith and submitted yourself to more than a year of evening classes so we may worship together.
Love is when you value my family and friends like they are your own and always remind me to stay in touch with them when I start showing signs of neglect.
Love is when you share my passions and encourage me to pursue them.
Love is when you tolerate my silly and childish habits even to the point of treating a “thing” or a “character” as if it truly has a life.
Love is when you laugh at my jokes even when they’re not funny and even if the very person I am making fun of is you.
Love is when you grip my hand and say “thank you” each time I make dinner because you appreciate all my efforts.
Love is when you put me to sleep every single night like a precious little child though you know you don’t need to.
Love is when you struggle to stay awake so you could listen to my blabbing and endless stories.
Love is when you tug me close to you to keep me warm when I’m cold because I refuse to wear the right clothes.
Love is when I never hear a word from you when I get excessive on my spending because you think I deserve to have the nicest of things.
Love is when you even get them for me when I could no longer pay for them myself ;-)
Love is when you trust my judgment, protect my interests and help me become more prudent.
Love is when you console me and say “it’s going to be fine” when things start falling apart.
Love is when you say you’re sorry even when you’re not at fault.
Love is when you say you are so proud of me and always show it.
Love is when you support my dreams and make my happiness your own.
Love is coming home to me everyday.
Love is simply being yourself.
Love is YOU!

I don’t care if you don’t often say the words “I love you” because everyday I feel it with every little thing you do.
You have redefined Love for me, and gave me the kind that I don’t know if I truly deserve.
I guess there can never be enough words to say, or things to do to let you know
That of all the things I have, your love is the one thing I don’t ever want to be without.

And I know that I don't always say it too, but do know that
I love you more—more each day and more than ever before.
And I have but one greatest of dreams and that is to spend the rest of my life loving you.





Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones

15 comments:

Aileen February 13, 2009 at 3:33 AM  

what a beautiful entry, liz!

happy vday to you and your loved one. =) enjoy the day. =)

Unknown February 13, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

Liz,

Truly lovely and spoken from the heart! You're a lucky gal but Charles is lucky to have you as well! Happy Valentines to the two of you!

Love yah,
POY

Unknown February 13, 2009 at 4:55 AM  

i've to say you've inspired me to thank for my own blessing of a husband! Salamat!

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography February 13, 2009 at 7:03 AM  

nakaka-in-love man ang imohang entry liz uy... indeed it's valentines...

Happy Valentines to both of you!

Keep that love burning!!!

Liza February 13, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Thank you Ai! Happy Vday to you and CBB too!

Liza February 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Hi Poy! Nice to see your comment here. Thank you much! Happy Valentines, my friend! You and Jay are one of the most wonderful couples I know!

Liza February 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Thanks Dee! I realized that I have actually never written Charles a love letter before. So I thought I'd surprise him with one--through a blog entry.

Happy VDay to you and Doy!

keth February 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

liz, this is truly a beautiful inspiring piece of writing. you amaze me with what you write because it always comes from the heart. happy valentine to you both.

Liza February 13, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Thanks Keth! Happy Valentines to you and your hubby too!

Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

awww...that was soo cute. :) You write the sweetest poem for your hubby. I hope he reads it so he'll know u appreciate everything he's done. :)

Liza February 13, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

Hi Maris! Good to hear from you again! Yes--he did read it and I think I made him really happy =)

Anonymous February 14, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

oh cuz, this is so SWEET! i have seen some of these things with you and C. and i am so happy both of you came to this point in your lives. you and C fit together to a T! happy valentine's to one of the loveliest couples i know! :-)

Liza February 14, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Thank you cuz! I don't often pay tribute to him but he very well deserves it.

Happy Valentines to your and your B too! :)

konsuy February 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

wala gyud nasayop si charles for going for his heart.

i hope he reads this.

and i wish you beautiful years together. always always always gyud.

happy valentines day you two. you are made for each other. witness biya ko.

Liza February 15, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Hi Chi! I am very grateful that you "approve" of us for reasons I think you already know. Thank you for your well-wishes and for being so supportive of our love =)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP