Monday, February 23, 2009

New Christian

I dedicate this page to my little nephew, who recently became one of the newest members of the Catholic church and the Christian faith. His baptism was a very proud moment for his loving parents and for all of us.

Congratulations, Nathaniel John!

Dear Nathan, gift from above
May the joy you bring us never stop
You are an angel from the very start
Bringing us all together and touching our hearts

We thank the Lord for giving us the chance
To hold you dearly and love you so
To gaze upon your wondrous smile
To share your dreams and watch you grow

This day of your baptism you may not recall
But the essence of it be in your soul
Someday you will come to know
How you warmed our hearts this day and made yourself glow

My sister decided to do the traditional baptismal rites of immersion, where the baby's body is totally submerged in water. But I think the church attendant forgot to turn the fountain's water heater on--water was so cold so the minister decided not to do total immersion.

In his cute little baptismal outfit

10 comments:

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

nathan looks so adorable in his baptismal outfit! welcome to the christian world, little one!

keth February 24, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

he is indeed so adorable, so charming and so cute!

konsuy February 24, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

nathan is such a cutie. inig abot ni charles junior, duha na sila that will make your world go round. and you did an awesome job on the poem. i hope makabasa na si nathan oi.hehehe soon.

Liza February 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Thanks cuz! We missed you and Ben at the baptism. But it's ok--kita ra ta next time :)

Liza February 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Keth--thank you!

Liza February 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Hi Chi! It took me hours to write that poem, haha! Dili gyud ko writer uy! I wish I could have done that in a breeze. I'll save a copy of this link for Nathan to read when he is able to :-)

Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Ate Liza, is that how it is done there? ...babies are stripped off their clothes for baptism (?) ...that's really how it should be diba. Here in Pinas it's just the hat we take off. Kay ang bata matun-ogan daw. =)

Liza February 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Hi Maris! I think it depends on the practices of the parish, the priest or the parents as well. For most parishes, they only pour water on the baby's head--same as commonly practiced in the Philippines. But there are several parishes who allow the traditional baptism through immersion. I actually think it's pretty cool! :-)

Lot February 25, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

nice pictures. beautiful poem. I'd like to have that printed and shown to Nathan when he is older. He is so blessed to have you as aunt and ninang. thanks a lot sis....

Liza February 25, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Thanks Sis! It was such a joy to be part of it and I am honored that you trust me that much to make me his ninang! Love you! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP