Monday, February 9, 2009

Last Days of Winter

A cloudy yet beautiful day is just what we needed

We don't experience snowy winters where I live. During the winter season, our temperature could go down to the twenties but it doesn't stay that cold long enough to freeze water or form snow.

So for us to enjoy winter, we have to drive three hours up to Lake Tahoe where snowy slopes and developed ski resorts abound. Every winter, we try to make it up there and we'd go with friends to make the trip more exciting and worthwhile.

In Tahoe I learned to ski. The last two winters I went up there and took some lessons and I was looking forward to going back this year to practice more and hopefully advance from the bunny slopes. However, skiing or any form or snow recreation is off-limits for me right now--for obvious reasons.  

So this year's trip to Tahoe I was a mere spectator--enjoying the sight of our friends and their children gleefully playing in the snow, gliding down the icy hill with a sled, throwing each other snow balls, lying down on the ground making snow angels and covering themselves with soft, powdery ice.  

Even if I wasn't able to join them, I had fun just watching and taking pictures.  It was also a very good photo opportunity for me.  At the very least, I was able to capture their excitement and give them something tangible that will remind them of how much fun they had.  For some of our friends who are just visiting from Cebu and may not be coming back on a winter, they'll have something to bring back home that's reminiscent of the happy experience.

Val and daughter Gabby getting ready to play

David throwing snow balls at everybody

Vangie and Charmaine hit the slopes

Hitting the road back home at sunset

More photos of the trip at my flickr.

12 comments:

Aileen February 10, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

wow! what can i say? i'm a fan of your photographs!

love the first and the last photos the most. =)

konsuy February 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

hala na lingaw ko seeing very familiar people. val, david, vangie and the gabby nga dako na. and of course the omiple family.
everyone is looking good through your lens. love your photos

Liza February 10, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Hala, thank you Ai! I am a BIG fan of yours! :-)

Liza February 10, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Hi Chi! I was hoping you'd comment kay tanan kuyog namo didto kaila ka (except maybe for the new girl from Cebu, who I think got hired after you left).

By the way, I told them I've been in touch with you. Kumusta daw... :-)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography February 10, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

this are beautiful pictures liz.

pahabol pa ka sa snow liz ah.

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

cuz, i super love the first photo! just breathtaking! and the rest of my comments are, of course, at your flickr account. :-)

Liza February 10, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Yes Dee! Pahabol gyud kay hapit na mahuman ang winter--have to wait almost another year before it comes back.

Liza February 10, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Thank you cuz! I wish I can get rid of the wires in the first photo, pero unsaon naa man gyud, hehe.

Shutterfairy February 11, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

Love all your photos Liz.. you take amazing pictures.

keth February 11, 2009 at 3:34 AM  

liz, i love the new look of your blog. and i love the photos, as usual. you really are good.it seems to come naturally to you.

Liza February 11, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Thank you Mai! I am inspired by everybody in my blogroll including yourself!

Liza February 11, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Hi Keth! I got tired with my blog interface so I thought it was time for a makeover, hehe! Glad you like it and the photos! Thank you!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP