Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cold Blue Spring


It's officially spring, but it's been very cold this past few days.

The hub and I used to walk together after work, but we stopped the routine during the winter--we couldn't handle the cold. Yesterday, we decided to start walking again.

It was so sunny and bright so we thought light sweaters were enough to make us comfortable. After walking only less than a block, we realized it was too cold yet we were still determined to walk. So we headed back to the house, grabbed thicker jackets and hats and off we went again. But after walking nearly three blocks, we decided to quit. It was way too cold for us--we were in the low 50's and it was driving us nuts!

While I was driving to work this morning, the temperature registered at 38 degrees F. Right now we're at 54 degrees, so still no walking for me.

I am excited for real spring, when there's cold breeze but not overly chilly, when the sun doesn't set until past seven, when going out means getting greeted with green trees and colorful flowers, when brisk-walking feels more like a leisurely stroll than a painful exercise.  I am excited and so I'll wait.

16 comments:

Shutterfairy March 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

love the photo liz.. super love it..

Liza March 10, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

Thanks Mai! =)

konsuy March 10, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

beautiful photo. love the color.

Liza March 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Thank you Chi! I was feeling blue today and so I remembered this photo and thought it's appropriate.

konsuy March 10, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

hope the beauty of this photo cheered you up out of your blues. take care.

Aileen March 11, 2009 at 1:10 AM  

Love, love, love! =)

Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Love the photo! It feels Mulan-like. ;)

Liza March 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Thank you Ai!

Liza March 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Thanks Maris!

keth March 12, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

wow!!! i love cherry blossoms! you captured this well. and the treatment makes it so dramatic.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography March 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

take it easy mama liz...

loving the photo!

Liza March 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Keth, I didn't even know Cherry Blossoms diay name ani nga flower, hehe! It's in our front yard and it looks really beautiful during the spring. But I didn't know what it's called, so thanks for letting me know! :-)

Anonymous March 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

love how you processed this, cuz!

and the cold front we've been having, thank God it's almost over now. next week, we'll be in the 70s! YAY!!!

Lynette March 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

WOW!!!! that's just beautiful!! really soothing to the senses.

Liza March 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Thanks cuz! I am happily waiting for the warm weather :-)

Liza March 13, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Lynette--thank you! Nice to have a compliment like this from someone who takes very good photos!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP