Monday, March 16, 2009

When I'm Old and Gray...


While styling my hair this morning, I couldn't help but notice the strands of silver gray that were popping out amongst my thick black hair. I remembered being a kid, watching my mom look at herself in the mirror with tweezers in her hand, trying to pluck some gray hair out, sometimes asking me to help her.

I can't help but feel old. Here I am doing what I had watched my mom do several years back, and at this stage in my life I don't even have a kid looking at me or helping me do it. Sometimes I envy my mom. She has just stepped into her 60's but she has already witnessed a lot. She has been to places, she has watched us grow and start our own families, she has played with her grandson and maybe soon with other grandchildren as well! I think she has fulfilled what she set out to do in life, and sometimes I wish I can stop time so I can go back and follow her entire footsteps!

But as we all know, aging is a given. We age every single day whether we like it or not--there is no stopping it. But where I think we can make a difference is on how we make aging worthwhile, and here's where I start dreaming...

When I'm old and gray--

--I'd like to see Charles and I still very much in love, traveling the world, seeing places and taking photographs together.

--I'd like to see my child/children grow up to be independent, righteous, and successful in their chosen field. And I want to see them marry the men/women of their dreams.

--I want to be healthy enough to play with my grandchildren and celebrate their birthdays and special events.

--I want to be surrounded by good friends whom I can share laughters and pains with.

--I want to live in a house that is fully paid off and still have enough money to support a comfortable life.

--I'd like to be involved in an organization that is focused on helping others, especially children from struggling countries.

--I want my faith in God to remain strong and solid and shared by people I love.

--I'd like to remember everything that I went through in my entire lifetime, triumphs and failures alike.

Until then, I continue to dream and I pray that God will give me a life long enough to fulfill them all!

10 comments:

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography March 17, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

you'll get those wishes liz ---good person like you will be provided well.

i have a long overdue hair appt [need some hair coloring and hair cut], darn this gray hair is getting worst, i started pulling them early on but stopped it liz kay daghang nalagas na buhok since i have my girls - so my hair is getting thinner. ma-o na mag-tina na lang.

very colorful, bold, and dramatic photo liz --- kinsa nag-bday?

Aileen March 17, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

i hope and pray you will get all your wishes, liz! and more! =)

Liza March 17, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Hi Cindy! A friend of mine celebrated her birthday over the weekend. Her roommate made her brownies and we just put candles on it :-)

Thanks for the well-wishes!

Liza March 17, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Thank you Ai! I do hope I will live long enough to see those wishes come true, and maybe write them down here, hehe!

I wish the same for you! :-)

konsuy March 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

happy birthday to rose. =)
liza, this feels like reading myself. one day at a time, we will get there. and for white hairs, i let them be. si roland sige ug tina, na upaw hinuon. hehehe

Dee March 18, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

One of my favorite verse in the Bible is when God said "Before you prayed I have already answered it."

Im sure He knows and answers your silent prayers Liz :)

Liza March 18, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Yes, Chi! One day at a time, one step at a time! We'll get there eventually!

Mahadlok ko anang tina Chi! I heard naa daw dili maayo nga side effects (knock on wood). Ingna Roland nice man sad ang salt-and-pepper hair, hehe...

Liza March 18, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

Thanks Dee! You're very sweet. I know God is watching so I hope he continues to put me in a good place until I'm older =)

keth March 22, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

liz, you really know how to capture those candlelights. i wish you well, and may all that you wish be given unto you.

Liza March 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Thank you Keth! I think we all have wishes for when we get old. I hope yours will all come true as well! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP