Monday, March 23, 2009

Tidbits

What a great weekend it was! We saw my family again--they came to visit to see how well I was doing. It's fun having them around and their visit always turns out to be one cooking and eating extravaganza!

***


Charles and I got ourselves a new lens. It arrived last week but I didn't get to play around with it until the weekend. I wished for a Nikon micro/macro lens but it's way too expensive. For the hobbyist in us, spending for this lens couldn't be justified. So we got a comparable one from Sigma instead, and I couldn't be any happier.

Within the same week or so, I learned that at least three people I know got lenses and photo accessories as gifts. I mentioned it to Charles and he couldn't help but joke about it: "How come we never get these things as gifts?" ;-)

***


My little nephew is getting bigger and bigger, but he is losing some of his baby hair. He can also now rollover and pretty soon this little guy is going to crawl. It's amazing how quickly they grow!

***

I just learned that I'm going to have a new boss--again! And this time, my new boss is a "she". She is my third boss in only five months, and she is my very first female boss. This unstable economy is already scary enough, and this constant change in leadership within our company isn't making things feel any better. I am interested to see how this goes.

17 comments:

Shutterfairy March 24, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

Amen to new lenses..hehehe. Jops got a new lens, too. Lingaw.. Play with it more. Can't wait to look at your photos..

Aileen March 24, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

congrats on the new lens, liz! i can imagine all the wonderful photos you will take with it! =)

Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

such a cute child! I just wanna squeeze and bite him. :)

Liza March 24, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Hi Mai! Yeah--cheers to new toys and more photos to come! Hehe...

Liza March 24, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Thanks Ai! Still trying to learn how to use it, and I've been going back to your macro shots for inspiration (in other words, to copy some of them, hehe--hope you don't mind). Maybe you can give me some tips on macro photography, hehe!

Liza March 24, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Thank you Maris! Always nice to hear from you!

Lynette March 24, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

a macro lens?!?! *swoon* good for you!!! i'm super happy for you. =)

me neither. i just can't justify getting myself a lens. not if it costs over $100!

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography March 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Yeheyyy, new toy!!! Congrats liz!!!

Let's get the glass rolling :)

Dee March 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Hurray to new lens!! :D

konsuy March 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

they don't send you the lenses kay klaro kaayo ka afford ka. hehehe

nathan is growing fast. na usab iyang face.

can't wait to see you trying on the new camera lens. =)

Liza March 26, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Hi Nette! Have you tried using your diopter kit? How do you find it?

Liza March 26, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Thanks Cinds! I have to find some time to go around shooting :-)

Liza March 26, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

Dee--thank you!

Liza March 26, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Chi, kung maka-afford pa ko I wouldn't think twice about buying. The problem is, I have to wait for a special occasion, a bonus or any good reason to get one. Maybe next time I want a new lens, I have to hang out at a park or outside a church, take pictures and sell them to people, hehe!

Lynette March 27, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

Liz, wala pa. I had to return it coz it was too big for my camera. The right size should be here in a week or so. I'm super excited!!!

keth March 30, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

the baby is sooooooo cute! congrats on your new lens...envy...envy...envy!sigh...

Liza March 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Thank you Keth! Nice to hear from you again :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP