Friday, March 20, 2009

Cravings

The Pinoy-style Barbeque (Pork skewers) was scrumptious!

The Pansit Bihon (Rice-stick noodles) was delectable and very filling!

One of the common questions I get asked these days is "what have you been craving for during the pregnancy?". Honestly, not one in particular. I just love to eat--pretty much anything I am used to eating, mostly Pinoy food that is.

During the early stages of my pregnancy, my appetite did not change much so I was eating like I normally did. Luckily, I did not suffer from morning sickness and didn't have any problems with food. Second trimester came and my appetite started building up. I started eating a lot and at times, almost went out of control. I probably gained the most of my pregnancy weight during this period, but I didn't care. I thought "Hey, I have an excuse to pig out! I'm feeding myself and the baby, and so I should eat as much as I could!". Right? Nah! If only I don't have a genetic history of Diabetes and Hypertension--two of the most common diseases known to set off labor complications, then why the heck not?

Unfortunately, I have to watch what I eat. Although I tested negative of Gestational Diabetes, my doctor thinks I have this so-called "Impaired Glucose Tolerance", a condition where my body does not release enough insulin at the right time to burn the right amount of sugar that I take in from food. I was asked to see a Nutritional Counselor, who gave me a strict low-carb/low-sugar diet that I have to follow through the remainder of the pregnancy. I also have to monitor my blood sugar by testing at least four times a day. Quite a hassle but has to be done.

The photos above were taken at a friend's birthday party. I love it when Pinoys throw parties here--there's always more than enough food and lots of variety. Everything looked good and I could only wish I can try them all!

9 comments:

Aileen March 21, 2009 at 2:23 AM  

after seeing these pictures, i am adding these two to my cravings list! =)

take care, liz!

Shutterfairy March 21, 2009 at 5:27 AM  

Yummy food. Listen to the doc..hehe.. they know better. but yeah, i know how it feels.

Tc. when are you giving birth?

Liza March 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

Thanks Ai! Actually, na-awaken akong cravings when you started talking about lechon! =)

Liza March 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Hello Mai! I'm due end of May. I can't wait to pop!

keth March 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

liz, great shots as always. kalami sa food oi, naglaway jud ko. the bbq reminds me of larsian. and well done for being the good girl that you are. you will make a terrific mom!

Liza March 22, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

I miss Larsian Keth! I didn't go there a lot when I was still in Cebu, and I wish I did.

Thanks for always complimenting my photos!

konsuy March 26, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

liza, pag bantay gyud imong food intake. take it from me. i couldn't shed off the pounds after i had insoy. i just went crazily up and up. discipline gyud.

konsuy March 26, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

liza, pag bantay gyud imong food intake. take it from me. i couldn't shed off the pounds after i had insoy. i just went crazily up and up. discipline gyud.

Liza March 26, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Nah! Kung lami ang pagkaon Chi, it's really hard to resist! I'm one of those nga wala'y disiplina when it comes to food. Eating for me is like fulfillment! Dieting is the ultimate sacrifice! ;-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP