Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Home

Baclayon Church, Bohol
{An old photo--restored and reprocessed.  Trying TTV processing courtesy of Aileen}

When I was young, my mom used to enlist me to various singing competitions. I hated it, so sometimes she would bribe me into joining. The song "Home" is one of the songs I used to sing. Apart from it's wonderful message, it's supposed to be a winning song--nice melody, high pitch and it showcases the singer's ability to hit high notes. I won one singing competition with this song--a local one, of course.

Until now, this song has remained one of my favorites and I would sing or hum its tune whenever I miss home, whenever I miss Bohol.

When I think of home
I think of a place where there's love overflowing
I wish I was home
I wish I was back there with the 
Things I´ve been knowing

Wind that makes the tall trees bend into leaning
Suddenly the raindrops that fall have a meaning
Sprinklin' the scene, makes it all clean

Maybe there's a chance for me to go back 
Now that I have some direction
It would be sure nice to be back home
Where there's love and affection
And just maybe I can convince time to slow up
Giving me enough time in my life to grow up
Time, be my friend
Let me start again

Suddenly my world´s gone and changed it's face
But I still know where I'm going
I have had my mind spun around in space
And yet I have watched it growing

Oh If you're list'ning God
Please don't make it hard to know
If we should believe in things that we see
Tell us, should we run away should we try and stay
Or would it be better just to let things be?

Living here, in this brand new world
Might be a fantasy
But it taught me to love
So it's real, real to me

And I've learned
That we must look inside our hearts
To find a world full of love
Like yours
Like mine

Like home...

10 comments:

konsuy March 4, 2009 at 12:31 AM  

one of my favorite songs. i used to sing it together with kuh ledesma. hehehe. sa akong kwarto.

love baclayon. i miss bohol.

Aileen March 4, 2009 at 1:29 AM  

you did a good job with this TTV, liz!

bohol is one of my favorite places on earth! apart from the fact that my maternal grandfather is from bohol, i've many wonderful memories there and i know so many buotan boholanos. =)

love this song, too, only because my mom and my nephew won a singing contest singing this piece. *grin*

Liza March 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

hi chi! i actually like kuh ledesma's version of the song! i don't think she's the original but who cares?!

i miss bohol too!

Liza March 4, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

thanks ai! i'm glad nakapasar ra diay akong ttv, hehe!

so your mom and nephew are into singing contests too? maayo gyud diay manganta ang mga kaliwat bol-anon (wink...wink...) ;-)

Shutterfairy March 4, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

Waaaahh I don't know how to use TTV.. kutihan ko.

I'll take a photo of Bacalayon church Liz and I will think of you.

Anonymous March 4, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

the processing is beautiful, cuz! love it!

cuz, may na lang wala ko gipa-join ug contest ni mommy. but singing at parties was still painful. kung "home" imo, ako kay "paper roses" and all the ABBA songs. HAHA!

keth March 5, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

liz, that is one good song and now that you mentioned it, i miss home too!
you did well with whatever it is that made you come up with this photo. it's beyond me,LOL! i'm still stuck and struggling with auto settings and no photoshop...i am so way behind the times, hehehe. i am glad i learn from you all.

Liza March 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Enjoy Bohol Mai! Take as many photos as you can and share them. Seeing home makes me very happy! Thanks in advance =)

Liza March 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Hi Cuz! Good thing wala ka gipa-join ug amateur singing contests. Sus ako gyud kay pugson. Bisan unsa nalang--radio station contests, fiesta sa Cuasi, etc. Makaulaw lagi.

Anyway, I remember you singing "Paper Roses" and "Thank you for the music" in some of those parties. Hahaha! :-)

Liza March 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

Thanks Keth! I learn from everybody whose blogs I follow. It's refreshing to learn new things all the time. Sometimes I feel bored and think "maybe i should find a new hobby", but when I see something new from people I connect with, my interests are rekindled!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP