Friday, March 13, 2009

What's Mine is Yours...


Today we received our employee bonuses! It was a very pleasant surprise to everyone at work. We weren't expecting it after knowing that the past calendar year did not end very well, financially and in terms of achieving the company's overall goals.

However, despite the current economic turmoil, the layoffs and pay cuts happening in some areas of the business, the fact that the company did not meet its targets, and the uncertainty of what's unfolding in the coming months, the company still recognized that none of these factors affected the amount of time, effort and dedication that the employees have put in. In fact, some employees worked harder and more efficiently to allow the company to eliminate open positions and thus save some money. Hence, the company decided to release bonuses!


The sweetest thing about this whole experience though [and the one thing I love most about my job in Finance] is being the bearer of good news--being the one handing out bonus statements to the staff. There is nothing more heartwarming than seeing surprised, grateful people grinning from ear to ear! What a way to start the weekend, indeed!

So when I got my money, the very first thing I thought of was what to get Charles. I guess there are just way too many items in my wish list that I find it hardly possible to decide what to get for myself. If I wasn't pregnant, I would have definitely suggested going on a trip, but I guess a trip can be saved for later.

I thought about that watch he has been constantly checking out, or a new laptop (the one he's currently using is over five years old), or a new pair of shoes (but he just got himself a new one). I wasn't exactly sure what he really wanted so I decided to just give him the money. And I gave him an entire half of what I got. I guess that made him happy, but it made me even happier! Afterall, what's mine is his, right?

No--that's not why I shared. When it comes to money, Charles has always done the same. He has been generous and selfless. Every little or big thing he gets--be it a Christmas bonus, a tax refund or a cash gift from someone--he either splits it with me or uses it to get me something. Today, I am so glad that I at least have the opportunity to return the favor!

9 comments:

Anonymous March 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

oh wow,CONGRATS on the bonus, cuz! you and all the people who worked hard in your company truly deserve it! and yes, "what's mine is yours, and what's yours is mine" -- that's how it works. enjoy whatever it is you're going to get for yourself. you and charles have a great weekend! :-)

Liza March 14, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Thanks cuz! You have a great weekend too!

Lynette March 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

CONGRATS (on the bonus)!!!! and conratulations for being a good wife. =)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography March 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

nice gyud na wifey ikaw liz uyyy... charles and baby are lucky to have you :)

Aileen March 16, 2009 at 2:36 AM  

congrats, liz! so happy for you! =)

Liza March 16, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

Thanks Lynette! Hehe--"trying" to be a good wife pa :-)

Liza March 16, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

Thanks Cindy! Magbinuotan ta para dili iuli. Hehe, joke...

Liza March 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

Thank you Ai! In this time of crisis, anything helps...

konsuy March 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

congrats, liz. you so deserve this and charles too for supporting you all the way. hatagan gyud na ang inspiration. =)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP