Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fruit of the Vine


I crave for something sweet--mango ice cream, strawberry shortcake, tiramisu, key lime pie or egg tart! Yet I know I can't have them.

Yesterday, I felt the urge to have a glass of wine--or even just a sip. A colleague from out of town came and a few of us went out for happy hour. Yes, a pregnant woman in a bar was atypical and some people did stare, but I couldn't care less! What couldn't escape my senses though was the smell of wine. My friends were having red wine and the sweet, oaky, grassy aroma was just utterly inviting! I settled for cranberry-pineapple juice, which I've always loved. But yesterday, I was just miserable.

Why does our palate long for something we can't have?

For now, I'll have to settle with fruit. And not much of it too--just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.


5 comments:

konsuy March 6, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

nice as ever imong photos. hang on. gamay nalang kuwang, when charles jr arrives, pwede na ka wine. =)

keth March 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

i can understand your frustration liz kay kung ako siguro ana, magwala ko. i am not disciplined when it comes to food. i suppose i was lucky when i was pregnant, i ate just practically all the sweets i could find. but you are really good, to put your child's welfare first ahead of your cravings. good for you, good girl!

Liza March 6, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

chi, if i breastfeed i still can't drink, right? Whuaaaa!!! =(

Liza March 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

thanks keth! di lang ko gusto magmahay. some people are so lucky, they can just pig out! although i tested negative of GDM, i was advised to avoid sweets because i still have a family history of diabetes.

patience...patience...i need more of this!

Anonymous March 7, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

cuz, i can really sense your frustration there. sige lang, all for the little one... :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP