Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Truly Beloved Person


I first met Chichi when I started working for a company called AccountMate in Cebu. I was hired as a Product Consultant and Chichi was one of the big bosses of the company.

My first impression of Chichi was that of being "suplada", high and mighty, strict and not very outgoing--forgive me Chi for saying this. However, she is to me a living proof that first impressions are not necessarily correct and they never ever last because she has turned out to be just the complete opposite.

Though we were in the same company in Cebu, I didn't really have the opportunity to work very closely with Chichi until we both came to our US office at the same time. We lived in the same house, went to the same workplace, drove the same car, ate the same food, and shared a lot--a lot of experiences, a lot of good memories and problem-solving opportunities, smooth rides and bumpy rides alike, quiet times and gossip times, and in the process I learned how truly amazing and remarkable a person she is!


Chi, I have so much to THANK YOU for! 
Thank you for your continued friendship and support!
Thank you for the many words of encouragement that you have showered me with.
Thank you for introducing me to the blog world and to all the wonderful people who has reinforced my daily source of wisdom and inspiration.
Thank you for always sharing the challenges and triumphs of raising your boys--this has lessened my apprehensions of becoming a mom.
Thank you for showing me that life is always a happy ending despite challenging beginnings.
Thank you for always making me smile--Charles and I look forward to your entertaining blogs and stories everyday.
Thank you for all the wonderful memories we've shared.
Thank you for just being yourself--a cool mom, a role model, an inspiration, a cheerleader, and most of all--a wonderful, wonderful friend!

I've said this before and I'll say it again--you are truly a beloved person and you are irreplaceable in the hearts of everybody whose lives you've touched!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I wish you all the happiness in the world!

12 comments:

konsuy March 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

oh liza, you made me cry. i am embarrassed. i don't think i deserve this.
i love you and i think that is why i care enough. pero sa uban tao, i can be mean. hehehe so your first impression may not be all totally wrong. =)
thank you for everything too. you do inspire me and i also learn a lot from you.
i have been re-thinking about my blog and was thinking to stop it since in april we will be doing a 4 day week work. i am busy looking for a second job so i might take time off from blogging for a while so i can concentrate on making money. hehehe. but how can i leave when i will be missing you and some people i have learned to love as family. ambot oi. naglibug lagi ko.
i love you. thank you to you and charles for the support and love too.

Liza March 7, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Oh, you truly deserve this--and more! You deserve so much gratitude and appreciation because you've made a difference in a lot of people's lives. Your children are going to be very proud of you! You've been very good to us, especially to me and Charles and I am very happy that you've stayed in touch. If you can't blog often, I understand. Some things like family have to come first. But do visit us and write a sentence or two once in a while, and we're all going to be happy!

Best wishes for the years to come--good health, more joys, more achievements, more money, and more blessings headed your way! Cheers!!!

Liza March 7, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

Oh, and more LOVE! How can I forget love! I love you too! =)

konsuy March 7, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

i want to hug you and charles as tightly as possibly can. i heart you two.

Liza March 7, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

***Hugs back*** MWAH! MWAH! mwah! (One from me, one from Charles, and the small one from Charles Jr) =)

Shutterfairy March 8, 2009 at 4:02 AM  

This entry made me think of the first time I met her.. I was so happy na si konsuy mao na diay toh galingkod sa akong front..

Happy birthday chi..

konsuy March 8, 2009 at 4:50 AM  

hi mai, thank you. i can't forget the first time we met too. gwapa kaayo ka in person.

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHI! i've known you only a short time and only in this wonderful world that is the internet, but already i can see what a REMARKABLE PERSON you are! i look forward to your blog entries, which are always funny, insightful, and most of all INSPIRING. thank you, chi, for being a friend (albeit virtually lang usa). i wish you more love, more happiness, more success in life! :-)

konsuy March 9, 2009 at 1:09 AM  

daghang salamat jopie. (loyal stalker ko nimo. hehehe)

konsuy March 9, 2009 at 1:09 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aileen March 9, 2009 at 1:50 AM  

what a heartwarming post, liz! you and chichi are both such loving friends.

i'm glad i got to know you through her. =)

chichi is one of the most loyal friends i know. she has been my strength especially at a time when i felt my world crumbling down.

she is a blessing to me. and an inspiration. and a friend i will always love.

happy birthday, chi. =)

konsuy March 9, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

aileen, everything in multiply, wordpress, and the multiple blogs of beautiful people is a creation of the inspiration that bounced from you. we just bounced it back forward. apo na ni nimo si liza kay ikaw ang mother of all photo, blogs, creativity and beauty in all of this. =) i love you.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP