Sunday, December 14, 2008

Goodies from Home


My parents just arrived from Bohol and brought us all these goodies!

There's a few of our favorite canned goods--corned beef and beef loaf from home are so much better than the ones we can buy here. Dried mangoes are all-time favorites, I can only wish we are allowed to bring fresh mangoes too! I have recently been craving for Sampaloc, so they brought me this Moniegold Tamarind candy which did not disappoint--thanks to my friend and fellow Tamarindo-addict Riza who suggested this particular brand. Charles and I recently found ourselves yearning for a good hot chocolate after we finished a really good Belgian Hot Chocolate pack that was brought from a trip to London--the Instant Tabliya satisfied the craving! We also had Bulad from Tabu-an and Sukang Pinakurat that goes very well with the bulad! And for a Bol-anon like me, Peanut Kisses is a must-have!

These are only among the many pasalubongs that my parents got us, and this will probably last for a few more weeks. Nothing compares to the taste of home and I can't thank my parents enough for letting us experience it once again!

4 comments:

Shutterfairy December 15, 2008 at 1:12 AM  

I bet you missed home while you munched these goodies. Bottled sardines is a favorite of mine.

Jo Quijada December 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

beef loaf -- I LOVE BEEF LOAF. i ate that every day when i went home. panghatag beh? hehe, joke lang, cuz.

konsuy December 15, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

kana imong dili mahurot, i ship na diri. we don't get those brands here. in fact banned kuno ang purefoods corned beef kay kompetinsya sa ilang beef products. hahay. sardinas nalang ako.

Liza December 16, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

the sardines is actually Charles' favorite, but i now like it too! we found a store in Suisun City that sells them--kadto gyud gikan sa Dipolog, which are I think the good ones!

Cuz, the beef loaf is my favorite among all of those goodies, and I love that particular brand--FIESTA! Hehe, too late for you! Hapit na hurot!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP