Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shoot 'n Share



I am new to blogging, and to be completely honest I am not very fond of it. But lately I've been inspired by a good friend of mine, Chichi, who uses blogging as a tool to connect with friends, express her thoughts and share her day-to-day experiences through photos.


You see, writing is not my forte but I do take a lot of photos and I love doing it. Photography has been a hobby that Charles and I share for a while now, yet we haven't really taken a lot of steps to be good at it--especially me. Charles at least has the theory (he reads a lot about photography), while I just try to learn a trick or two with every shot.

I never thought about sharing my photos as well, until recently. I mean, why not? Since I'm no wordsmith, might as well use my photos to share a little bit of myself to someone else.

This photo was taken by a friend of mine and another photography enthusiast, Jeffrey Uy.  It shows Charles taking countless photos of me and my friends during one of our summer trips.

4 comments:

Liza December 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shutterfairy December 14, 2008 at 3:12 AM  

i met chichi through blogging..
you're photos are great.. you just have to click some more..hehehe..

i enjoy being here.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography December 15, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

it's so funny liz how you and i are alike... same here i am not a master of words, i think i can express better in photos... i do some reading and trying to learn more tricks here and there... speaking of reading, what does charles preference as reading materials? i am thinking of a photography magazine, i am just not sure which one is good (i'd like one that teaches amateur photographer - like dummies for photographer maybe). if you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Liza December 16, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

Hi Dee! We personally like Digital Photographer magazine. This is a UK-based magazine but I like it because it speaks about photography in laymen's terms. Medyo mahal lang cya--they sell it at Costco for $12 per issue. I checked about ordering it online but with shipping from the UK, I think it will be better to get it locally. Another reference I can recommend is Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby. It contains very straightforward explanation about tricks and techniques. You can get them at Amazon: http://www.imagineshop.co.uk/products_show.php?typeID=58

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP