Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweet Treats and Memories


It’s been a while since I had these—thanks to our friend Cindy, who visited us with her family for the first time.

Cindy's visit brought memories of our childhood days. We were neighbors in Tagbilaran back then. Cindy and her two sisters Mary Jane and Jennifer were our playmates. I don't know if she recalls it, but on few summer breaks they would come to our house and play with us when our parents were not around. Our parents worked the same hours and when they were out working, we were not allowed to go out of the house. I guess Cindy and her sisters were told the same.

So after my parents would leave, my sister and I would go outside, clap our hands as hard as we could (that was our cue) and the three sisters would come to our place with their toys and we would play the entire afternoon until it was time for our parents to come home. On some days we go to their place too. We loved playing with them not only because they were so nice but also because they had all the fancy toys--stuffed animals, crying dolls, game and watch, and other toys that we couldn't afford to get.

Those were sweet memories of our childhood days and we have Cindy and her sisters to thank for.

Thanks Dee! And thanks for sharing these delicious homemade treats! YUM!

4 comments:

Shutterfairy December 15, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

I know what you mean by not being allowed outside by parents.. I used to sneak out every time my mother is out to work. I liked going at my friends house because of those toys I never get to own.

I love polboron.

Jo Quijada December 15, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

cuz!!!! i love your pictures! they are so awesome! i'm so glad you jumped into the photo-blogging bandwagon! another site to visit for me. :-)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography December 15, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

omg, what a nice article and photo (reminds me of good old days back then) --- you never said you're into photography, we should have shared tips and techniques... nicely done liz, wow my polvoron is being feautured in your blog, makes me so proud. keep up the good work!!!

Liza December 16, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

mai, i'm glad to know i'm not the only one who sneaks out! my parents were not very happy with me doing that, but... it's part of being a kid, right?

hi dee! your polvoron is not only pretty, but very delicious too! i didn't realize how much i missed it until i had some. thanks again!

cuz, thanks for the compliment! i'm still not good at it and i think i have a lot to learn from other photo enthusiast like you. i'd love to be better!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP