Tuesday, December 9, 2008

When the rain stops...



It finally rained today! While we were out in the yard, Charles carefully examining if his rain sensor worked, I came to notice how the colors of the grass, the leaves and everything I saw got so much richer!


I remembered a photography article I read in the past saying that one of the best times to shoot is right after the rain stops, not only because mist creates drama but because you can easily get that diffused natural light when it's cloudy and the sky is overcast. I guess that's true. I didn't let the opportunity pass and took a shot at our drenched lime tree, and it didn't look bad at all!

4 comments:

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

i really love this photo, cuz! the leaves look so fresh and green, after a rainwater bath.

Liza December 16, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

thank you cuz! this has become one of my favorites too. glad you liked it!

Unknown January 5, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Just amazing detail, Liz! i'm so impressed!

Liza January 6, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Thanks Poy! I know how good you are with colors, flowers and plants so I am thrilled that you like this photo! This is one of my favorites.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP