Monday, January 26, 2009

Bird Watch

“Birds” have been my favorite subject lately. For no particular reason, I’ve been taking plenty of bird photos. They just fascinate me!


Last weekend, the hub and I went to the city to check out the local farmers’ market and have lunch. We were headed to the waterfront—an area inhabited by lots of birds. I started taking photos of the birds around, while the hub patiently waited. He too, took a few photos himself.

On the way home after lunch, I wanted to stop by the Marina to check out a park that we haven’t visited before. The park, called Crissy Field, is home to some of San Francisco’s historical landmarks, like an old military airfield and Fort Point—a fort built in the 1850’s used to defend the Bay during the American Civil war.

While the hub checked out the exhibits at the fort, I was out taking photos of birds—again. The hub later said, “you probably have over 50 photos of birds in there”. I said, “no way!” So he took the camera, started scrolling through the photos, and pointed out, “that’s one…that’s two…that’s three…” and so on. Ok then—I did take lots of bird photos, but I took a few shots of the fort relics too!

Just thought I’d share some of my bird photos here.

If I can see it, then I can do it...

Sometimes silence can seem so loud...

There are miracles in life I must achieve...

But first I know it starts inside of me...

Just spread my wings and fly away...

10 comments:

Aileen January 27, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

thanks for sharing liz. these are postcard-perfect. and very sharp, i could almost touch them. =)

keth January 27, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

liz, they're beautiful!!! i can't decide which one i like best!. your post reminded me of the many bird photos i took in sydney. my hubby and my sis also said the same thing as your hubby. but i would have to say, your shots are way better than mine. you have very good composition.

Shutterfairy January 27, 2009 at 4:15 AM  

They're all nice especially the bird with the SF bridge as backdrop.

Jo Quijada January 27, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

awesome photos, as usual, cuz! my favorite is the fourth one.

nakatawa ko when charles started counting the pictures... ka-kyut ninyo uy! hehe.

Liza January 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Salamat Ai! I owe the sharpness to the tripod. Even if there was adequate light I still used a tripod. Makaulaw kuno ko ingon akong bana, hehe. But I think it still made a difference.

Liza January 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

Thanks Keth! You should also share your bird photos para kakita sad mi unsa'y nawong sa bird sa Australia, hehe! I miss the birds from the Philippines--they're smaller but more colorful.

Liza January 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Mai, I actually edited the 4th photo--with the Golden Gate background because the bird didn't come out very sharp. It was starting to get dark when I took that.

Liza January 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

Thank you cuz! Always nice to get compliments from you. Hehe, reklamo si Charles nga wala daw variety akong photos--puro daw birds, and all the birds kuno are staying put. Dili daw challenging. He said I should take a photo of a bird flying! I couldn't do it--it was starting to get dark and it was hard to freeze the bird, so Charles actually took that last photo--that's not mine!

Charles is my greatest [and most honest] critic, hehe.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography January 27, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

yes, aileen is right liz, very sharp photos... and yes charles did a good job on that last one, that's definitely a challenge.

lovely photos again here liz.

konsuy January 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

ako pa ni charles, magpa langam langam pud siya para kuha an pud nimo siya picture. (joke) peace charles.

cute kaayo imong mga jonathans. that is what i call the seagulls. enjoy kaayo that you get to have a photo crazy day. stress reliever gyud na. happy baby na imong baby kay malipayon kaayo imong aura.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP