Saturday, January 3, 2009

I wish...


I am terrible when it comes to New Year's Resolutions so I have given up on them a long time ago. When I used to have resolutions, I would either just think about the things I wanted to do but later forget about them, or I would jot them down yet they just stay on paper for the rest of the year.

This year I thought about something different. I thought about making wishes instead--a list of things that I desire, yet they're less binding, less obligatory. Some things I can control, some I cannot. And if they don't come true, I may be heartbroken but I won't have to bang my head against the wall for not making every effort to achieve them.

So for this year, I wish-

- for a safe delivery and a healthy baby

- that charles and i will gain more strength and patience to embrace the difficulties of parenthood

- for more opportunities at work, for my team to stay intact and for better correlation among colleagues from our different offices

- to be better at photography and to meet more people with the same interest so I may learn more from them

- that my parents will have a grand time while vacationing in the US

- that my nephew will grow up to be a vibrant and healthy little boy

- that my cousin and her husband be finally blessed with the baby of their dreams

- that the world economy will start to recuperate and thus help people improve their way of life

- that my brother will finally marry the girl of his dreams

- that at least one of our friends from outside the country will come visit (maybe chichi? hint...hint...)

- that my friend jocab will have a blissful marriage and that i may get together again with my girl friends lori, minerva, lolit, kathleen and joy

- that wars will end and I will hear less and less about innocent children dying

- that at the end of the year, I will find myself checking off this entire list

8 comments:

Shutterfairy January 3, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Liz, how many months na?
I love your list..

Liza January 3, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

going 5 months na mai. halfway na...

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography January 3, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

i love nathans photo here liz, what a good and satisfied baby.

by the way, naa na ka baby registry? if you do, please let me know.

konsuy January 4, 2009 at 1:50 AM  

liz, ganahan ko sa imong list. ampo pud ko that maka anha ko. but we are saving for a trip to cebu. the holidays was torture for us. if not for new found friends, we would be crying in unison gyud. but yes, i love your wish. i wish they do all come true. i hope the heavens will make it happen.

konsuy January 4, 2009 at 1:56 AM  

oh and i love the photo you took of nathan. ka lami niya hagkan oi.

Liza January 4, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Hala Chi, we also want to go back to Cebu/Bohol for holidays but maybe sa 2010 na. Maayo unta magka-dungan ta uli noh?

Back in late December pa, I've been thinking about posting my New Year wishlist here. Then I found just the right photo for it--that of Nathan in a dreamy pose. Hehe...

Anonymous January 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

love your list, cuz! and i have no doubt you will check off each and every one of them by the end of the year.

as to your wish for us, thank you. a wish magnified is a wish strengthened. :-)

Liza January 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

cuz, no doubt ha? including wish # 7? bitaw, i really hope i will be checking that off, as well as the others!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP