Monday, January 5, 2009

A Birthday Journal

Gone to me are the years when celebrating birthdays means having guests over for lunch, snack or dinner, going out with friends or family, or partying until the wee hours of the morning.  

Today, I turned 33 and I had quite a remarkable day.  And here's why...

...

Started the day with an early mass with Charles and my parents.  I thank God for 33 wonderful years, some of them I don't have memories of but I know they were wonderful!

***

A present from my sister and a card with a message that made me cry and want to hug her tight.  I wished she was around.

***

Got to work and was surprised by boxes of delicious cupcakes--a treat from my amazing colleagues.  These cupcakes were sinful!

Had to take a photo through my camera phone.

***

Phone calls from my brother Richard, my cousin Jopie, and dear friends Lori, Lolit and Jewel.  Hearing their voices always make me smile!

***

Received unexpected, very kind tributes from my dear friend Chichi here and my cousin Jopie here.  These moved me deeply and made me very emotional!

***

Lots of emails, text messages and friendster greetings from friends, relatives back in the Philippines and fellow bloggers.  They warmed my heart.

***
 
Beautiful flowers from the hubby.  I was captivated--as if falling in love all over again!


***

I got home to a sumptuous Filipino dinner that my loving parents prepared for me.  My mom baked me a cake, cooked pancit for long life and pochero (beef soup).  My dad cooked my favorite shrimps, fried pompano and exactly 33 pieces of lumpia!  Charles brought home another favorite--king crab legs!  I was so full--I had to try them all!


***

I got my new fast lens and a better tripod!  Too bad I don't have my camera anymore.  We've sold it and haven't got a replacement.  I'll have to wait a while before I could use them.  But now I have one more thing to look forward to!

***

I felt my baby move for the very first time!  What a nice birthday present from somebody I haven't even met!

***

It was quite a memorable day--something I wouldn't trade for parties and dinners in fancy restaurants!  A day I will treasure and remember for as long as my memory lasts.  It was by far one of the best birthdays I've ever had!


My heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who made my day extra special!  I couldn't ask for more!  I am truly blessed!


8 comments:

Aileen January 6, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

you are very much loved, liz! good to know you had an amazing celebration. =)

keth January 6, 2009 at 2:55 AM  

liz, you are indeed blessed! you have such a wonderful family and a loving husband and of course, a baby on the way to top it all. that's quite a feast you have there. naglaway ko sa food. especially the pancit.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography January 6, 2009 at 6:36 AM  

i left a message over jopie's blog for you, but i can't resist to leave another message over here for a wonderful girl and a good friend - we may not have a lot great memories but those few ones were worth keeping for... i know you are very happy but i wish you more happiness as always... you do take care and the baby, ok... Happy Birthday Liz!!!

what happen to your camera?!?!... hmmmm, need to upgrade huh.... good, we'll be waiting.

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

oh wow, an upgrade!!! i think i know what it is! yipee!!! :-)

what a wonderful birthday, indeed! you deserve all the good things you received today, my dear cousin, and for all the days to come.

Liza January 6, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

AI: Thanks for being so nice! I am glad to be connected to you.

KETH: Thank you! Maayo bitaw muluto akong mom. Maybe you can come visit us here and we'll cook for you.

CINDY: We did have wonderful childhood memories and it's really great to be reconnected with you even through blogging.

We've been thinking about upgrading but didn't seriously put the camera out for sale. When we finally made a decision, I didn't realize it was going to sell that quickly!

CUZ: Thank you again! We haven't got a replacement camera yet--still deciding on what to get. For the meantime, I have to use Point & Shoot which is OK for now!

Shutterfairy January 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

happy birthday Liz.. better late than never. you just turned 33? it means to say I am older than you? GAWD.. love your white outfit.

Liza January 9, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

welcome back mai! and thanks!!! that's ok--you look younger than me! hehe...

konsuy January 12, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

you are loved because you are a very special person. as in.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP