Sunday, January 18, 2009

Devotion


I wouldn't really call myself a devotee of Sto. Niño, but my mother is. Every year, she makes a new outfit for the Sto. Niño at the Sto. Niño Parish in Ubujan, Tagbilaran. During the yearly fiesta, she holds a children's party at our house and invites all the kids in our neighborhood for a nice meal and some games with prizes. This year is an exception because she isn't home to orchestrate the yearly event.

I am however a great believer of the Sto. Niño. My sister and I prayed to Him for a child and He granted it. I believe in His miracles. I believe that He protects the innocents. I believe that He is forgiving. I believe that when you want something so bad and you ask Him for it, He will give it to you--you just have to be patient and you have to keep believing.

This golden image of the Sto. Niño was a gift from my sister-in-law. She gave it to me along with a novena/prayer booklet. She said I should always take this along with me and it will help protect me and my baby. I've been doing just that and I know--I believe we'll be just fine.

Pit Senyor to all my fellow believers!!!

7 comments:

Shutterfairy January 18, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Hi Liz.. I'm not a devotee but my mom is too. I deeply believe in him. My mom told me the same thing - believe and pray. I attended the 9 days novena and prayed for a baby. Hu hu. I hope he'll grant it to me one day.

Pit Senor.

Liza January 18, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

Hello Mai! Keep praying and believing and He will give it to you! Maybe this time you'll have a girl :-) Pit Senyor!!!

Jo Quijada January 18, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

cuz, do you have the novena/prayer book? care to share it with me?

Liza January 18, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Hi Cuz, yes I do have it! Will email it to you. :-)

Anonymous January 18, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Pit Senyor!

konsuy January 18, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

lorenzo was given to us by the nino. that started my yearly devotion. he is a giving God.
Pit Senyor.

keth January 22, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

this is a beautiful entry. i've always believed deeply in sto. nino and he has done miracles for me. you captured him well in this photo liz.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP